Collection and Use of Personal Information About Customers
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually
improve your shopping experience at singtotheworld.com. We use the information
to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate
with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our
records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as
wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that
might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and
platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third
parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
What About Cookies?
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on
our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide
certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many
of our features.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information
whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use
'cookies' and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser
accesses singtotheworld.com. Click here to see examples of the information
we receive. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit
websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a
personalised experience at singtotheworld.com if we cannot recognise you,
we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- On signing up you will be asked if you wish to receive offers from us. Should this box be ticked you will not receive promotional emails from ourselves. If you do tick this box you may from time to time receive emails about products and services at sing to the world. You can remove yourself from this list at anytime by using the unsubscribe link in the email you have received or by sending a blank email with the word REMOVE in the title to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 01675 436 100
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard
drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent
your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify
you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of
singtotheworld.com's most innovative and useful features and we recommend
that you leave them turned on.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by
using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when
confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to
the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection
with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer
information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request
proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your
password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit singtotheworld.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy
is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations
on damages and application of the laws of England. If you have any concern
about privacy at singtotheworld.com, please e-mail us a thorough description and
we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of
Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and
conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our
website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current
Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your
account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never
materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of
customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected